Gain GBCI & AIA CE while learning innovative ways to green your life! GBRI’s book is divided into four main sections: Home and Garden, Home Improvements, Home Savings, and Home and Lifestyle. Each of these sections is then further divided into categories that address the components of the home from roof to floor and everything in between, including landscaping, lighting, water conservation practices, energy savings, cleaning, health and nutrition, transportation, and home audits that can lower the consumption of natural resources.
1. A brief explanation of the topic
2. Possible environmental benefits
3. Pros and cons from the homeowner’s perspective
4. Basic steps to give the homeowner a good idea of what is involved
5. Cost Estimator for a standard 1,500-square-foot home
6. Quick Tips that the homeowner needs to know to make the project better or easier and avoid potential problems
7. A Project Rating box that includes a rating for five attributes of the project: level of difficulty, cost, maintenance, home value, and savings.